Unadulterated Arrogance

Friday, February 04, 2005

Reverse Racism

Reverse racism is a misnomer, the term reverse racism should imply the opposite of racism i.e. no racism ... but alas its a crazy world out there and it is not so.. it is just another extension of racism wherein the minority is racist with respect to the majority. I happened to recall the usage of this term while reading about the Micheal Jackson trial. I am not passing judgement on the trial per se.. that is to be decided by the court on the prima facie evidence but the Jackson clan insinuating that Micheal is being persecuted only because he is a 'black' is reverse racism in full swing... I hate this practise of playing the race card at the drop of a hat. Racism exists in all forms and in all colours, majority being racist against the minority and vice versa but when its orchestrated by the minority, directed against the majority; mums the word as no one wants to offend the minority even if its detrimental to their own welfare..this appeasement of the minorites has to stop as I for one am against all forms of racism... and before you label me as a Caucasian skin-head let me just remind you that I am of Asian origin, from the Republic of India and proud of it mate.

8 Comments:

  • People will do anything to get out of a tricky situation or dodge punishment and racism no doubt is the mother of all excuses( to absolve themselves of any of their misdeeds)

    By Blogger Sangeeta, at 2/04/2005 08:32:00 AM  

  • I dont know if u hav noticed but all blacks do this. I dont have anythink aginst asians but blacks are so yukky and one word and they are like its coz i am a black...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/05/2005 12:24:00 PM  

  • I do agree with the both of you. Drastic times means drastic measures. And i think using 'racism' as an exucse is a matter of convenience. No offence intended jacko is a black man who bleached his own skin to look 'fairer'. Who's racist now?

    By Blogger Alex, at 2/05/2005 12:30:00 PM  

  • And btw i'm asian too.

    By Blogger Alex, at 2/05/2005 12:31:00 PM  

  • well put alex

    By Blogger injinuity, at 2/05/2005 12:33:00 PM  

  • Thanks injinuity, I guess I'm a person that strictly adheres and support my race and culture. I'm a chinese, born, bred and raised as one. And i'm proud of it. Nothing to be ashame of being asian or chinese. ^^

    By Blogger Alex, at 2/06/2005 11:26:00 AM  

  • Michael Jackson is black?
    Last time I looked he was white.
    I guess he could start saying "It's because I'm white."
    In many parts around here white is the minority. Hispanics are the majority in many areas of Texas, possibly statewide. I am white myself, but I don't go around crying about it.
    I wonder if the Jackson's ever considered it might not be the color of Michael's skin, but rather the fact that he looks like a freak of nature (mostly by choice) and the fact that he fancies playing with little boys.
    No, it probably never crossed their minds. It's likely that type of behavior is perfectly normal on Planet Jackson.

    By Blogger slimpickens93, at 2/20/2005 08:12:00 AM  

  • you are right slim, but hell the guy can dance... have to give him that.

    By Blogger injinuity, at 2/26/2005 07:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home