Unadulterated Arrogance

Thursday, January 13, 2005

New Laptop - Amilo M

This is the first time that I am posting from my new laptop, so it does justify a plug on my blog I suppose. Its nothing fancy, just the bare essentials that I need. I dont like spending money on laptops for irrespective of how much you spend on it, a laptop can never be as powerful as a desktop P.C, so one should never get cajoled into buying the 'desktop replacement' by sales executives. My P.C at home has 2gb of DDR400 memory, powered by a 3.2 ghz processor; now if I were to purchase a laptop with similar specifications,or rather if I didn't; with that money I could afford a top of the line desktop P.C and an entry level laptop and still have enough money left over to buy a bunch of pirated cds.

[Edit]: January 17th, returned the amilo as it was not powerful enough for my needs, bought a very powerful p4 instead, Acer Travelmate 2500 series.

2 Comments:

  • This is a very funny post I must say, with the addendum and all.

    By Anonymous Chris, at 5/26/2005 06:04:00 AM  

  • hahah Yeah I know.. its a very odd post isn't it..but I got away with it scot free for quite some time.. nobody realized the irony in the statement..

    but to be honest the Software manufacturers are making it hard to buy a barebone laptop

    By Blogger injinuity, at 5/27/2005 06:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home