Unadulterated Arrogance

Thursday, December 30, 2004

In retrospect

We are at the fag end of 2004, a day and a half later a new era dawns and as I bid farewell to the current year; my thoughts fall upon the year that was and I look retrospectively viz-a-viz:

  • Finances: Its very materialistic of me but whenever I look back retrospectively the first point of analysis is always the finances and it supersedes all other priorities, but then again I want a Bentley, a pure gold Rolex and a yacht. 2004 was very good financially, earned a lot, spend even more especially on investments back home in the form of real estate. I can never be satisfied with monetary gains but suffice to say that 2004 was not a bad deal. In addition to the Admin dept. I am now also heading the Operations dept.

  • Emotionally: 2004 proved to be a roller coaster ride for me emotionally. From highs to one of the lowest points in my 26 year history. The passing away of my baby girl; my grandmother was of a magnitude of a total 10.0 on the J-emotional scale. It has had a profound and everlasting impact on my life.

  • Spiritually: Well I have come more closer to God and am at ease but I still don't prefer going to church here in Qatar as the Church here seems to have more politics around it than the parliament. I miss my chapel in college which was calm and serene; which you could walk into any given time and sit in solitude and be one with God.

  • Personally: Life hasn't changed or rather I have not changed much. Still with the "too many women, too little time" attitude. Still too scared of commitments, I cannot commit for fear of falling out of it... but as of late I think I should follow the old adage that says its better to have loved and lost rather than not to have loved at all.. the coming year I intend to change this equation once and for all.

As I go into the new year, I have no regrets and no albatross around my neck. I look forward to the new year and am hoping that it will be a prosperous one.

2 Comments:

  • I know what you mean about the church thing. In college I was only expected to show up and enjoy the goods..as a real grown-up I now have to be on committees, bake cookies, and go to altar society meetings..Guess that's why we usually stay home, haha.

    By Blogger books, at 1/01/2005 04:20:00 AM  

  • I have always believed in life after death, and my belief only strengthened when I read a book by Dr. Brian Weiss- Messages From the Maaters. You will meet your loved ones again...

    By Blogger Sangeeta, at 1/15/2005 03:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home