Unadulterated Arrogance

Thursday, November 11, 2004

Yasser Arafat, Show me the money

Mohammed Yasser Abdel-Raouf Arafat al-Qudwa a.k.a Yasser Arafat passed away today, November 11th at the Percy Military Training Hospital in Clamart, France. He was a very charismatic leader and a true patriot to the end, an eternal champion in the quest for freedom.

With his passing away, the PLO and the rest of Palestine are in shatters.. there is no clear cut successor to him.. the most likely one being Mahmoud Abbas… but this whole scenario reminds me of a scene from the movie Jerry Macguire, in which Tom Cruise is screaming over the phone, ''Show me the money'' … now this is what is on everybody's mind though none are willing to accept it openly…. Presumably around a billion dollars of aid that he got for the Palestinian cause are now stashed away somewhere... Exactly how much is stashed away, who has control over it? These are important questions yet to be answered and which will be unravelled only in the coming days… so Palestinians, repeat after me, 'Show me the money, show me the money!!!!'

1 Comments:

  • Yasser Arafat was into freedom? I find that hard to reconcile with the corrupt tyrant who cancelled elections and drove the PA into bankruptcy and anarchy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/13/2004 04:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home