Unadulterated Arrogance

Monday, November 22, 2004

The Metrosexual Male.

The first time I came across this term, my subconscious conjured up images of a middle aged horny bloke on the local train... little did I know back then that it was the terminology used to describe 'pretty boys' i.e a dandyish narcissist in love with not only himself, but also his urban lifestyle; a straight man who is in touch with his feminine side, a male who would not mind waxing his legs.

Philip Kotler and the rest of the marketing guru's have been abusing women over the years making them feel insecure about their looks inturn leading them to splurge on cosmetics, the same strategy has resulted in the evolution of the metrosexual male. I'm yet unable to reason why 'being in touch with the feminine side' involves just the parallel use of cosmetics rather than other effeminate characteristics like sensitivity.. I guess only the marketing gurus can answer that one.

Am I a metrosexual male?...well no, not in totality. Yes I do love buying designer perfumes, (Just bought Dunhill Desire and must say that its really good), love designer watches, leather et al but hell will freeze over before I wax my legs or try something remotely similar.

1 Comments:

  • I liked the remark about the metrosexual not only being a consumption society product but also a human being in touch with sensitivity.
    Is the metrosexual a reality in your country? How can you deal with it? Does it also imply recognizing what feminity can bring to a society?

    By Blogger kale-e-do-scope, at 12/08/2004 03:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home