Unadulterated Arrogance

Friday, November 05, 2004

Managementor: Part One.

I think its about time I started keeping a chronicle of the managerial lessons learned by me. I know that with experience and wisdom my lessons will change and with it my outlook as well. It will be nice to look back in retrospect after a few years and see how true the lessons I learned back then were.

In college with respect to management, you are tutored about the importance of ‘Espirit de corps’ i.e team spirit, but in the real world, these utopian ideas are not effective, if I have to sacrifice team spirit to get the job done then so be it. Team spirit is essential but sometimes for getting the work done you have to develop ruthless rivalry within the team, this will make the working atmosphere difficult but at the end of the day work is all that matters and the workplace need not be a local fraternity… another lesson I learned is that though good managers lead by example, brute intimidation works pretty well too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home