Unadulterated Arrogance

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

A taste of my own medicine

A major chunk of my business antics are based not on what is right or wrong but on whether I can getaway with it or not. Today I had a meeting with a Senior Manager of Qatar Petroleum and I was kvetching about the excessive rates being levied on us by Qatar Petroleum. He looked me in the eye and told me that there was a saying in his homeland; South Africa - He asked me, "why do dogs lick their balls?"... I replied in the negative that I didn't have a clue, to which he shot back..."They do it because THEY CAN"..... and he is right, QP has the full discretion to levy any rates they so please on any contractor within Ras Laffan Industrial City and they can get away with it. I understand and live by the same rule but when you get a taste of your own medicine its rather insipid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home