Unadulterated Arrogance

Saturday, October 16, 2004

Only in America

A provision in the U.S. tax code provides small businesses with a tax write-off of up to $25,000 for a vehicle weighing more than 6,000 pounds. While the original intent behind this provision was to encourage investments in pickup trucks, minivans, and other needed service vehicles, it has helped to subsidize some SUV's like the Hummer and the Escalade. There are debates out there for the banning of SUV's but little do the ignoble Americans know that the govt. of the great U.S of A rewards buyers of these sexy monster trucks with tax write offs.... me being someone who puts the 'A' in attitude, I love the hummer and feel that the U.S is me paradise.. ahh I can hear the beckoning of the American Dream... the U.S senate is planning to plug the loophole by raising the weight limit to 14,000 pounds which would rule even the hummer out of contention for the tax breaks but I don't see it becoming a law anytime soon.. Tax breaks for buying a Hummer???, its a dream come true..... ready or not, America here I come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home