Unadulterated Arrogance

Thursday, October 28, 2004

My life's turning point

24th October, 2004 and the love of my love, my grandmother, my princess bids adieu to me and leaves for her heavenly abode. My life will never be the same again. She was more dear to me than everything and everyone else; she had been invalid for the last few months and in a way I am glad that she didn't have to suffer much. She went away peacefully. Everyone is surprised that I, who would fly down to see her at her slightest cough didn't turn up for the funeral. The reason being that she had confided in me a long long time ago that when the inevitable happened, she didn't want to be kept, she wanted it to be over as early as possible; it would have taken me around 2 days to reach there and hence I told pops to go ahead with the needful immediately. I was always with her when she was alive, always at her side when she needed me, took care of her, bugged her, hugged her and she was happy when she was amongst us and hence I pacify myself.

It will not be the same without her around, she was always a calming influence on me, its an end of an epoch. She was my portal to my childhood. At heart all I am is just a little kid who likes nothing more than a big warm hug&; and I could always count on her for one… without her I guess my extended childhood also come to an end... for the last few days on and off I've been sobbing around the house...my office staff will bear the brunt of my misfortune and may God save them from me.

I have no idea how I’m going to enter my house in India, forget the house, even the drive up to the yard from the gates will be heart breaking. If I was late, she would hear the gates being opened and wait near the balcony in the front yard to see me drive up. I had this habit of giving her a peck on the forehead the moment I entered the house; its going to be a very difficult proposition for me to go back to that house again. But even death will not part us, I know that my baby girl is with me in spirits and am sure that she is watching me from above making sure that I ate and slept on time as she always used to do.


Revelation 14:13
Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

5 Comments:

  • I'm sorry about your grandmother...I know how it feels.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/30/2004 02:23:00 AM  

  • May God grant your sweet grandmother peace everlasting and comfort you with the many warm memories you have of her.

    Salaam,
    PM

    By Blogger peacefulmuslimah, at 10/30/2004 01:11:00 PM  

  • I said this over the phone, I say this now in blogosphere- really sorry to hear about the news. It's good that she passed away peacefully. You seemed to share a special relationship with her; cherish it. It will be whant tides you through the rough patches in life.

    By Blogger Raju, at 10/31/2004 09:14:00 AM  

  • I'm so sorry about your grandmother.

    I lost mine a year ago and she took with her a large part of me. She raised me for many years and shaped so much of my childhood.

    Hang on to the good memories and be well.

    By Blogger Tammy, at 11/02/2004 07:26:00 AM  

  • Sorry to hear about your grandmother. You're lucky you shared a special relationship with her. You have so much good memories to reminiscence.

    By Blogger Phoenix, at 11/03/2004 03:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home