Unadulterated Arrogance

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Reservations

I get a lot of stick for this but one of me strongest beliefs is that reservations of all kinds should be done away with. In me homeland the reservation system is just horrible. There is reservation for lower castes, women, this that who knows maybe even the owner of a one eyed dog for all I know.

If after 50 years of independence, reservations for over a 50 years the lower castes are still backward then I feel the reservation system is pointless. Jobs etc should go to the most efficient candidate not based on ones caste or creed or gender for that matter. Talking about reservations for women is another dicey topic.. aren't women equal to men?... then why the reservations? Its high time we did away with reservations of all kinds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home