Unadulterated Arrogance

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Ethics : In sports, in business - in life

This Olympics comparatively was rocked by more doping scandals than earlier ones. I don't condone doping and at the same time I don't condemn it . Winning is all that matters, second place goes to the first loser. People say winning is not everything and yes they are right, its not everything, its the ONLY thing. Everybody dopes, only the dumb ones get caught.

When so much is on the line, you have to use everything at your disposal to achieve success. Its not just in sports, time and time again I argue with myself over ethics in business and I always get one emphatic answer... No there should be no ethics in business. In business the motive is profit and everything else is secondary. If you place ethics at a higher level that the profit motive then your business is sure to fail.

Ethics in business looks good on paper, everybody preaches it and so do I but then again I am not one of those who practice what they preach haha. You have to succeed and at all costs. There is a thin line between ethics and fraud though and right now though I'm on the unethical side of the line I will never cross it to the other insidious part. Its not the means that matter, its the end result. As the bard of avon one said, "Alls well that ends well".. so by any means necessary too succeed my friend.

2 Comments:

  • I am gonna differ with you on every count, pal. Etihics, IMO, is EVERYTHING. Sure, one has to be realistic and all, but likne in the ads that the UN is running, everybody pays for corruption.
    As far as the olympics, it is a celebration of human endeavour, not human endeavour enhanced by drugs!!
    Just giving my two pennies' worth.

    By Blogger Raju, at 8/25/2004 09:10:00 AM  

  • The U.N is the most corrupt of em all my friend.

    By Blogger injinuity, at 8/25/2004 11:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home